Luxury barging vacations on the French hotel barge ROSA cruising through the Gascony and Bordeaux regions along the Canal de Garonne in Southwest France
French Hotel Barge Rosa
Cruising Gascony & Bordeaux in southwest France
The French Hotel Barge ROSA, a
1907 Dutch Tjalk Clipper Barge, transported various cargo in the offshore seas of the Netherlands before being transformed into a charming hotel barge cruising the waterways of southwest France.
Rosa is fully air conditioned and accommodates up to 8 guests with two double-bedded and two twin-bedded staterooms, each having full
ensuite private bathrooms. The salon is particularly welcoming and
features attractive wood panelling, comfortable seating and a cosy
bar. Outside there is a spacious sun deck with comfortable
French Hotel Barge Rosa cruises in southwest France
The four crew consist of a knowledgeable captain, tour guide, hostess,
and a master chef whose culinary masterpieces will be a regular
delight throughout your cruise. Eight bikes are available for use and
your tour guide, an expert in the local area, will be happy to advise
you on the best routes to cycle should you wish to explore.
You may have already seen Rosa when she was featured in the very successful BBC television series, French Odyssey with Celebrity Chef Rick Stein.
GASCONY - April through mid-summer
BORDEAUX - Mid-summer through November
- Tour of the famous Saint Emilion
- Visit the impressive Château de Duras
- Visit to the Bastide village of Vianne and ancient Barbaste
- Cruise across the 1900-foot long aqueduct Pont Canal d'Agen
- Wine, cheese and Armagnac tastings
- Visits to the village of Le Mas d'Agenais and the colorful market of Marmande
- Visit the renowned Château Bellevue la Fôret for a winery tour and private tasting
- Cruise across the 1000-foot long Pont Canal du Cacor
- Visit to Château de Goudourville
- Tour the medieval town and castle of Nérac
- Guided tour and private tasting at a renowned local Armagnac producer
- Visit Moissac and its UNESCO-classified abbey
It's not how far nor how fast, it's the pleasure of the journey that keeps people coming back for more.
Barging in France - Hotel Barges in France - Barge Charters Cruises Vacations Tours Trips