The eight-passenger L'Art de Vivre started life as a
Scottish lumber carrier and has been carefully transformed by a team
of skilled craftsmen into a floating celebration of the Burgundian
"good life". The recently refitted cabins have modern en suite
bathrooms and the delightful saloon combines contemporary leather with
more traditional furnishings.
There is a sun deck to relax on with a glass of wine as you glide
through the pretty Burgundy countryside, a relaxing spa pool and, of
course, bicycles for exploring along the towpath before rejoining the
hotel barge at one of the locks up ahead.
Your crew of four comprises a Captain, Master Chef, Tour Guide and
Hostess, all with a love of the Nivernais Canal and secure in the
knowledge that their vessel represents “L’Art de Vivre” itself. The
region simply oozes charm and the cruise is a journey back in time
along a magical waterway.
L'Art de Vivre is also available for 'Tandem Cruises'
with the 12 passenger La Belle Epoque for larger groups of up to 20
- Explore enchanting Auxerre and its magnificent
- Wine tasting of Chablis and Petit Chablis in the
cellars of a renowned Domaine
- Tour Noyers-sur-Serein, one of the most beautiful
villages in Burgundy
- Visit the picturesque village of Vezelay and its
- Visit elegant Château de Bazoches
- Excellent walking and bicycling
- Optional Hot Air Ballooning
- Terrine de Pêcheur Façon Maison
- Tourte Chaude d'Escargots à la Ciboulette
- Filet de Rouget au Safron
- Filet d’Agneau au Basilic
- Domaine Ferrari, Irancy "Les Palotte"’
- Domaine Bouchard Père & Fils, Pouilly Fuissé
- Domaine Borgnat, Coulanges la Vineuse
- La Chablisienne, Chablis Premier Cru Mont de Milieu
- Domaine Villiers, Vezelay "La Chevaliere"
- Domaine Brocard, Chablis Grand Cru
- Domaine Jadot, Volnay Premier Cru
ART DE VIVRE HOME
- Pont l'Eveque
- St Marcellin
It's not how far nor how fast,
it's the pleasure of the journey that keeps people coming back for more.
Barging in France - Hotel Barges in France - Barge Charters Cruises
Vacations Tours Trips