|Barging / River Cruises in Ireland:
Luxury river barge cruise vacations on the Irish hotel barge SHANNON PRINCESS II cruising the Shannon River. Treat yourself to a barging holiday and enjoy the Irish culture and beautiful countryside.
Irish Hotel Barge SHANNON PRINCESS II
The Lower Shannon River, Ireland
Glasson to Killaloe
Click map to enlarge in new window
Barge gently through the heart of hidden Ireland, calling at pretty riverside villages, little changed through the centuries, while enjoying on board service and cuisine second to none. The Shannon Princess is all about creating a trip of a lifetime and we are happy to tailor the perfect vacation just for you. On our Classic Cruise itinerary we can also add extra activities on a pay as you go "à la carte" basis including golf, fishing, and horse riding.
—— THEMED CRUISES ——
- ARTISAN FOOD TRAILS: Combine a cruise with gastronomy & shore visits to local Cheese makers, Artisan bakers, Smoke Houses, Galway Bay Oyster Beds, Farmers Markets and Glorious Kitchen Gardens. Seasonal foraging and Daily Cookery lessons aboard.
- BIKING /CYCLING: Bike tours with your personal cycling guide, along with our luxury minibus as backup vehicle. Cycle through a series of quintessentially Irish landscapes: slow rivers, green hills, charming villages, and meandering country lanes. An ideal way to explore country estates and villages. Bicycle upgrades available on request.
- FAMILY CRUISE: This Family or Club Style Charter is a perfect casual cruise choice for families or a group of old friends. It is relaxed, tailor made and, above all, a great value too. It has proven to be a very personalized & charming experience with great Guest appreciation.
- GOLF: For championship quality golf try the historic and unforgiving Lahinch; Christy O'Connor Jr-designed Glasson Golf course or the spectacular Galway Bay Golf Club.
- WALKING: Hosted by our professional Walking Guide – our Walking Itinerary embraces the luxury and comfort of barging, along with the satisfaction and exhilaration of quality walking tours. Explore The Pilgrims Path, The Slieve Bloom Way or our Full Moon Walk. Daily walks cover between 14 & 20 km.
—— OTHER POSSIBLE ITINERARIES ——
- ANTIQUE AND CRAFT TRAIL: Any glance at Ireland's antiquities – its great churches, the jewellery worn by Celts, the intricacies of illuminated manuscripts like the Book of Kells, will show what a long tradition of sheer artistry exists here, what a delight of pattern, shape texture. This tradition continues today with Crystal, Pottery, Bog Wood Carvings, and Silk and Linen art. Spend a day visiting artists and crafts people's studios. — INQUIRE
- EQUESTRIAN: Scenic trail rides, forest and lakeshore treks, cross-country riding, jumping and riverside picnics. Perhaps time enough for a day at the races? — INQUIRE
- FISHING: The Shannon boasts a rich reservoir of quality fish; choose from Course, Game or Fly-fishing. There is a Gillie service available. Try for perch, pike, eel or trout. — INQUIRE
Learn more about the Shannon River area:
It's not how far nor how fast, it's the pleasure of the journey that keeps people coming back for more.
Barging in Ireland - Shannon River Cruises in Ireland - Irish Barge Charters - Cruising in Ireland