Welcome to Hotel Barge Anjodi
The eight-passenger French Hotel Barge Anjodi is of classic Dutch design, specifically rebuilt to navigate the 330-year-old Canal du Midi. She has been completely refurbished in the tasteful tradition of African hardwoods, hand-crafted panelling and shining brass, creating a comfortable and charming ambience reminiscent of a classic yacht.
The well-planned accommodation offers four air-conditioned staterooms (which can be configured as twins or a double according to your preference), each with full en-suite facilities. The charming salon is particularly welcoming, with its combination of richly colored wooden flooring, elegant French dining furniture and comfortable banquette seating, as well as a fully stocked bar. The spacious sundeck is shaded by an adjustable canopy and there are comfortable sun loungers and a spa pool (hot tub) to soak in — the perfect place to watch the sun set after dinner on a warm Mediterranean evening with a glass of chilled regional wine.
Anjodi's highly professional crew of four is comprised of Master Chef, Tour Guide and Host/Hostess, led by a knowledgeable and experienced Captain who will ensure your barge cruise is delightful and memorable. Their knowledge of the region combined with the 8 bikes provided, will allow you to explore the areas you cruise through in as much detail as you desire.
Barge Cruise Highlights
- Private wine tasting at the beautiful Château Pech-Celeyran
- Cruise through the world’s oldest canal tunnel at Malpas
- Join a truffle hunt and taste the delicious findings
- View the Pyrenees mountains across the vineyards and discover Cathar history
- Tour Carcassonne – the most complete medieval fortified city in existence
- Excellent towpath for walking and cycling.
- Biking Plus option available
- Read about the Canal du Midi
HOME - French Hotel Barge Anjodi