Welcome to French Barge Rendez-Vous
The French Hotel Barge Rendez-Vous is designed for guests who want a high quality cruise but also an experience which reflects their interest in cuisine and wine, and immersion into the culture and people of France. Even their name suggests the coming together of people and places.
Rendez-Vous packs a lot of casual living into its space, including an open demonstration kitchen, spacious & elegant guest cabins with many amenities, and a large semi-covered sundeck with hot tub. The salon is perfect for gatherings and has modern digital devices. Multiple windows brighten the space and allow for beautiful panoramic views of the countryside while cruising. Décor is contemporary and comfortable, with high quality furniture, fabrics and accent pieces, all hand-selected.
Fine food and drink is a high spot of a barge cruise. The cuisine combines traditional ingredients with contemporary cooking techniques, while the hand-selected wine pairings emphasize the region’s world-famous Côte d’Or vintages. Guests are further introduced to the region through excursions to private vineyards, charming villages, and the towns of Dijon and Beaune.
Bikes are available for cycling along the canal, through the vineyards, or to nearby villages. Optional golf is available on several easily reached courses along the route.
- Visit the vineyards of the Côte de Nuits
- Cycle along the Route des Grands Crus vineyards
- Enjoy a wine tasting at the Clos de Vougeot
- Visit Beaune, the wine capital of Côte d'Or
- Tour the village of Châteauneuf-en-Auxois and its fairy tale style castle
- Walk the historic town center of Dijon, including the Cathedral of St. Benigne and Les Halles market
HOME - Welcome to French Hotel Barge Rendez-Vous