The French Hotel Barge ROSA, a 1907 Dutch Tjalk Clipper Barge, transported various cargo in the offshore seas of the Netherlands before being transformed into a charming hotel barge cruising the waterways of southwest France.
Rosa is fully air conditioned and accommodates up to 8 guests with two double-bedded and two twin-bedded staterooms, each having full ensuite private bathrooms. The salon is particularly welcoming and features attractive wood panelling, comfortable seating and a cosy bar. Outside there is a spacious sun deck with comfortable furniture.
French Hotel Barge Rosa cruises in southwest France
The four crew consist of a knowledgeable captain, tour guide, hostess, and a master chef whose culinary masterpieces will be a regular delight throughout your cruise. Eight bikes are available for use and your tour guide, an expert in the local area, will be happy to advise you on the best routes to cycle should you wish to explore.
You may have already seen Rosa when she was featured in the very successful BBC television series, French Odyssey with Celebrity Chef Rick Stein.
GASCONY - April through mid-summer
- Tour of the famous Saint Emilion
- Visit the impressive Château de Duras
- Visit to the Bastide village of Vianne and ancient Barbaste
- Cruise across the 1900-foot long aqueduct Pont Canal d'Agen
- Wine, cheese and Armagnac tastings
- Visits to the village of Le Mas d'Agenais and the colorful market of Marmande
BORDEAUX - Mid-summer through November
- Visit the renowned Château Bellevue la Fôret for a winery tour and private tasting
- Cruise across the 1000-foot long Pont Canal du Cacor
- Visit to Château de Goudourville
- Tour the medieval town and castle of Nérac
- Guided tour and private tasting at a renowned local Armagnac producer
- Visit Moissac and its UNESCO-classified abbey