Welcome Aboard French Hotel Barge Renaissance
The French Hotel Barge Renaissance cruises along the Canal de Briare, France's oldest canal which is steeped in history on a route that features elegant châteaux, small countryside villages and the famed wine-growing region of Sancerre.
She is a very spacious hotel barge and the beautifully-appointed saloon with its wooden beams, classic dining furniture and artwork, invokes the atmosphere of a classic French manor house. The comfortable leather sofas and hand-built bar where you can enjoy your pre-dinner aperitif, add to the feeling of onboard opulence.
Guest cabins aboard Renaissance are four very generously-sized twin or double-bedded bedroom suites, each one fully air conditioned and complemented by a large ensuite bathroom.
Outside, the large forward deck includes a covered roof extension with a circular table for alfresco dining, comfortable hardwood sun loungers and a hot tub.
With her refined onboard ambience, Renaissance is the perfect vessel on which to cruise a historic canal and experience the splendor of the Upper Loire and Western Burgundy region of France. You will be met in Paris and chauffered to the barge where the Captain's Champagne Welcome awaits your arrival.
Renaissance has an outstanding, experienced crew that continue to keep their guests cheering about the care and enthusiasm they bestow upon them during a fabulous cruise week in the Upper Loire and Western Burgundy region.
The Renaissance travels along the Canal de Briare and Canal Latéral à la Loire between the towns of Montargis and Chatillon-sur-Loire. This area is known as the Gàtinais and the "Garden of France". The Canal de Briare is one of the oldest canals in France dating from the 16th century. You will discover quaint villages, beautiful scenery, and partake in interesting side trips.
- Visit the “time capsule” studio home of 19th century artist Rosa Bonheur and a private lunch in her salon
- Tour of the privately-owned Château de La Bussière, including a cooking demonstration using seasonal produce from the gardens
- Visit Montargis including its 11th century château and 12th century Church of the Madeleine
- 7-lock flight at Rogny-Les-Sept-Ecluses, a national historic monument
- Cruise across the Pont Canal de Briare, built by Gustav Eiffel over the River Loire
- Private wine tasting at the renowned Sancerre winery of La Perrière
- Excellent towpath for walking and bicycling
- Biking Plus option available
Learn more about the Canal de Briare:
- About the Canal de Briare
- Towns & Villages Along the Canal de Briare
- Places of Interest on the Canal de Briare
HOME - French Hotel Barge Renaissance